Create dynamic 3D content for the iPhone
Take your design skills for the iPhone and iPod touch to new levels. Whether you’re an iPhone application developer or a creative artist, this innovative guide shows you how to combine the best of both worlds using Blender, the SIO2 game engine, and the iPhone SDK. You’ll create 3D animated characters, game environments, and physical collisions in a series of self-contained tutorials that you can move through at your own pace.
Examine Blender’s WYSIWYG approach; find helpful information on Xcode and other iPhone SDK programming tools; learn physics simulation; and acquire the skills you need to create compelling, interactive, 3D apps and games.
- Explore 3D development for the iPhone and how to use the iPhone SDK
- Make your Blender designs interactive using the SIO2 game engine
- Discover how to light moving objects realistically
- Model ground and sky with SIO2 and immerse your players in a 3D world
- Master billboarding, a practical way to use 2D images in 3D environments
- Create invisible, low-poly collision maps to guide or control your character’s movement
- Access Bullet, Blender’s physics simulation library, for advanced functionality
- Animate characters in Blender—and add buttons, icons, and more with widgets
- Find complete code for all templates used in the book
Create multi-touch interactive apps with 3D objects, textures, and real-time lighting
Rig and animate 3D characters for your iPhone apps
Produce rich, immersive 3D environments with realistic physics for users to navigate