Covers both 3ds Max 2011 and 3ds Max 2011 Design
The best book on 3ds Max, no contest
If you need just one all-encompassing guide to all things 3ds Max, this book is it. Whether you’re a beginner looking for 3D basics or a full-fledged animator seeking creative new ways to catch everyone’s attention, it’s all here. Packed with over a thousand pages of professional tips, loads of savvy advice, and more than 150 step-by-step tutorials, this book will soon have you using 3ds Max like a pro.
- Quickly rig and animate complex characters using the CAT system
- Paint maps in the viewport using layers with the improved Viewport Canvas
- Render previews in a fraction of the time with the Quicksilver Hardware Renderer
- Use the Object Paint system to quickly position objects in the scene
- Import, edit, and export CAD models using the SAT file format
- Work with material nodes in the new Slate Material Editor
What’s on the DVD?
You’ll find before-and-after example files for every tutorial in the book. The DVD also includes:
- Unique new models and textures that you can customize for your own designs
- A searchable PDF of the book
System Requirements: See the DVD appendix for details and complete system requirements.
Also in the Book
- A 16-page, full-color insert showcases cutting-edge work from 3ds Max artists
Animate a walking dinosaur
Add CAT muscle objects
Paint with objects
- Trial version of 3ds Max
- Examples and content from the book
- Models and textures you can customize
- Searchable PDF of the book
- 16-page, full-color insert with cutting-edge examples
Get up to speed right away with Quick Start
Think lights, cameras, action—and create!
Render scenes with Quicksilver speed